Midwifery in BC
- BC College of Nurses and Midwives
- Midwives Association of BC
- BCCNM Scope and Model of Practice
- BCCNM Philosophy of Care
- BCCNM Code of Ethics
- BCCNM Standards of Practice
Pregnancy & Birth
- Pregnancy Passport – An on-line booklet for tracking your pregnancy’s progress.
- SOGC Pregnancy Info – Tons of great information on pregnancy, birth, and the postpartum, including links to relevant resources.
- Healthy Families BC – Pregnancy & parenting resources for all stages of your family.
- Best Beginnings – Register here for the Best Beginnings program which provides public health support to pregnant people, new parents, & babies.
- RCH Maternity Unit – General information about delivering at RCH, including cost of private or semi-private rooms.
- RCH Maternity Tour – use this link to see the updated video for the RCH Maternity Tour. Currently in-person tours are on hold due to COVID.
- Pregnancy & Baby Health Guide – This Fraser Health website provides links to a number of topics relevant to pregnancy, birth, and life with baby.
- Fraser North Maternity Hub – Resources for pregnancy and newborn care in the Tri-Cities and New Westminster.
- Evidence Based Birth – An unbiased look into some of the big decisions you will have to make in your pregnancy.
- SOGC Postpartum Info – for info on common topics and links to resources.
- March of Dimes – information on what to expect during the first 6 weeks postpartum.
- Contraception – information from the SOGC on different methods of contraception.
- Mother Me – for extra support by a postpartum doula.
- MamaBear Holistic Care – offers postpartum & breastfeeding support, along with CPR & choking workshops, prenatal classes, sleep consultation and more.
- The Mama Coach – Raven Mansaray is local RN providing postpartum support services in the Tri-Cities.
- Baby’s Best Chance – a reference guide for pregnancy, birth, and your baby’s first six months.
- Caring For Kids – information for parents provided by the Canadian Pediatric Society (CPS).
- Infant Development Program – serves children from birth to 3 years who are at risk for or have a developmental delay. You can self-refer or seek a referral from your family doctor or other community health care worker.
- Circumcision – information for parents provided by the CPS.
- Newborn Sleep – information for parents provided by the CPS.
- Safe Sleep – information on making the newborn sleep environment as safe as possible.
- Parenting & Postpartum Education – Workshops, classes, and resources to support you in your parenting journey with Monica Chan at Imperfect Parent.
- Dr. Jack Newman – tons of great resources including helpful videos.
- Kellymom – evidence-based resources on breastfeeding and parenting.
- La Leche League Canada – resources, phone, and in-person support.
- La Leche League Virtual Support – local LLL Leaders are providing phone and virtual support.
- Ridge Meadows Breastfeeding Clinic – this clinic is a bit closer to home for Tri-City clients! Referral only.
- Fraser Health – new resources available including on-line learning modules and links to numerous resources.
- More Milk Sooner – this is a great resource on prenatal hand expression to help you collect colostrum prior to delivery, and to help establish a good milk supply.
- SOGC Statement on Planned Homebirth
- BCCNM Statement on Planned Homebirth
- BCCNM Planned Place of Birth Handbook – before you plan a home birth, we recommend you read this!
- BCCNM Required Equipment – a list of what RMs bring to your home for a home birth. We hope you find this reassuring!
- BCCNM Planned Place of Birth Informed Consent – please read and sign after discussing planned home birth with us.
- Association on Ontario Midwives – our RM colleagues in Ontario have developed this on-line resource to help you learn about home birth.
- Birth Supplies Canada – Birth pools and other supplies for pregnancy, birth, and the postpartum.
- Doula Services Association – information on doulas, as well as a referral service to hook you up with local doulas.
- Doulamatch – a referral service to hook you up with local doulas.
- Birthing Mother Doula Services
- Voyage Birth
- New Moon Doula
- Marisol Doula Services
- Luci Gimenes – (778) 321-1729
- Nest – prenatal, postpartum & breastfeeding education provided by RNs.
- Douglas College – provides full series and “prenatal in a day” classes.
- Birth Transitions – offers weekly or weekend classes & private in-home classes.
- MamaBear Holistic Care – prenatal, breastfeeding & CPR classes from a local RN and IBCLC.
- Spirit of the Children Society – offers services to families with indigenous children, including prenatal groups with Elder teachings and Cultural parenting groups and teaching.
Mental Health and Supports
- Pacific Post Partum Support Society – in-person, phone/text & informational support.
- Coastal Calm Therapy – Kate offers mindfullness-based counselling sessions with a special focus on pregnancy, postpartum, and parenting, as well as individual and group therapy.
- Robyn Kozak Counselling – Robyn is a Registered Clinical Counsellor certified in Perinatal Mental Health offering both virtual and in-person sessions in East Vancouver.
- Share Family & Community Services – offers access to both general counseling services & an urgent access service (this service is referral only).
- Fraser Health Mental Health Centres – offers community-based mental health support & access to the Fraser Health Crisis Line.
- Reproductive Mental Health – This is a referral only service in Fraser Health providing psychiatric consultation in pregnancy & up to one year postpartum.
- BC Reproductive Mental Health – Information & access to services for women across BC, run through BC Children’s Hospital.
- Anxiety BC – Support and resources for pregnant people & parents-to-be.
- Edinburgh Perinatal/Postnatal Depression Scale – a screening tool that can be used to assess risk for mood changes in pregnancy & the postpartum.
Vaccines in Pregnancy
- TDaP Vaccine – Q&A from the SOGC.
- TDaP Vaccine during Pregnancy – Information form the BCCDC.
- COVID Vaccine in Pregnancy and Breastfeeding – Statement from the SOGC.
- COVID Vaccine Decision Tool – Prepared by the BCCDC.
- Ontario Midwives – Our colleagues in Ontario have prepared this summary on safe vaccines for pregnancy.
Nutrition, Exercise & Health
- Healthy Eating in Pregnancy – a guide to nutrition provided by Fraser Health.
- Canada Food Guide – click here to find the updated version.
- Health Canada – Healthy food guide & information for pregnancy.
- Health Canada – Recommendations for folic acid supplementation & dietary sources.
- Dietitians of Canada – evidence based information & links.
- SOGC Folic Acid – information on importance & dosing of Folic Acid.
- Exercise and Pregnancy – information prepared by BC Women’s Hospital.
- Pregnancy Info – Exercise – prepared by the SOGC with links to resources.
- Dental Health – this resource can answer some of your questions about dental care in pregnancy.
- Jessica Adaszynski – providing physiotherapy and pelvic health physiotherapy right out of our TCM office. You can also find more information about Jessica and Full Circle Physiotherapy Collective here.
- Coast Therapy – physiotherapy & other allied care providers with multiple locations.
- Playworks Physio – a physiotherapy clinic designed exclusively for children from 0-18 years of age.
Medications in Pregnancy & Breastfeeding
- MotherToBaby – provides evidence-based information on the safety of different medications and exposures in pregnancy.
- Lactmed – a searchable database for medications and breastfeeding. They have an app as well.
- InfantRisk Center – information & resources on safe medications for pregnancy & breastfeeding, run by Dr. Thomas Hale, an expert in the field.
- Pregnancy & Breastfeeding Pocket Guide – lots of information for safe home treatments & safe medications for common discomforts of pregnancy.